Friday, June 29, 2012

DIY Abaya in 2 hours Part II

Assalamu aleikum,
I really like my abaya that I made by combining a shirt and some material for the bottom part and sleeves.  It is very comfortable and perfect for summer since I don't have to wear an underskirt.
But after some experimenting I came up with this nice design that is even easier to do since I used the long sleeve shirt.

As you can see, I just added the bottom part and kept the upper part intact.  I used a very light lavender shirt that has really cute sleeves and added a dark jean material.  What I love about this abaya is that jean material is very hard to stain and wrinkle which makes it perfect for me being around kids all day long.  Also it is not hugging my shape and doesn't "stick" to me if the wind blows when I am outside.  Alhamdulillah.  
Try it if you get a chance and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. as salaamu alaykum <3 masha allah i was wondering if your on any other sites? cause i dont get on here much but i loove your creativeness <3 insha allah

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa aleikumma salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh, Jazakullah khairun for your beautiful words sister. Unfortunately, due to my time schedule, I am only blogging here.

    ReplyDelete