Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My secret to best tasting pecans

I am personally ok with pecans but my entire in - law family is in LOVE with them.  They like pecans in their pancakes, cakes, banana bread, etc.  So since I started adding it to everything I bake, I always had a bag of chopped nuts.
Unfortunately, I ran out but had a bag of whole pecans.  What I have personally discovered was that if you use the whole pecans, chop them right before using them, they add an incredible flavor to your food mashAllah!  Now, I understand why people go nuts for it :)
You can either use a knife and simply chop them up or use a spice mixer grind as pictured below.  And while you do that, you can even see the oils come out! SubhanAllah, what a difference!  Also, the nuts get really really soft while cooking, which is different comparing to pre-chopped nuts (in my case, they very rarely soften up).
So try it for yourself and let me know what you think inshaAllah!

No comments:

Post a Comment