Saturday, May 5, 2012

Zaky and friends :)

Assalamu aleikum,
Ever since my oldest boy started paying attention to his TV shows, I realized that I need to monitor exactly what he is watching.  SubhanAllah, it got to the point where he knew all of the words of "Happy Birthday" song from Sprout PBS morning show and I didn't even teach him any of this!  Amazing how absorbent their little brains are.
So, I figured that someone out there is just like me and sick and tired of all of these shows that have zero connection to Islam. Of course, they teach my kids how to spell and count and all that wonderful stuff but still I want them to learn about our deen as well.
Alhamdulillah, I have discovered this wonderful website and may I say YAY!  I love the characters, love the shows, love the message!  There is no music, only nasheeds, there are stories about the Qur'an (verses, their meanings and translation), the prophets (without showing their faces), the salat (teaching them how to take wudu, pray, and all those small details I have never even heard).  They also sell merchandise that you can buy!

My kids love this song about Ramadan!



Story time


I think you absolutely have to check it out!  The CDs are around $20 (which is average price) but then they also have all these previews on youtube so whenever you are in the car or just need to occupy your kids, you can always play them on your smart phone (if you have one) inshaAllah.
For those of you who have an opportunity to support this, please do so!  Such a great effort and so nicely done alhamdulillah. 


No comments:

Post a Comment