Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Picture frames the halal way

I absolutely love the beautiful frames they are selling at the stores.  They are so decorative, exquisite and very affordable!  I don't put up pictures any more so I figured a way to enjoy them in a "halal" way :) 
I looked for verses from the Qur'an that have special meaning to me and copied them on a decorative scrapbooking paper.  You can't really tell from the picture above but the insert paper is silver and shines in the daylight which fits in nicely with the mirror frame.  If you can't write in Arabic, simply use a picture from an Islamic magazine.  I also like to display Islamic cards that I have received throughout the years.
When I was travelling abroad I found this pretty calendar with mosques from different cities of Russia.  The one on the top right was built in 15th century mashAllah! I haven't really had time to look for a frame for them but I am thinking they will look adorable in simple, dark wood frames.
Picture frames can be a great gift or simply a nice addition to your house or an apartment.  Just keep experimenting with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment